What is OBB Files and why it requires for android games
OBB Stands for "Opaque Binary Blob" and it is a special term used in computer science. It is also known as data file because it contains a sizable piece of data. OBB is mostly used by android developers when they develop a game with high graphics and large in size. They divide the game into two data files. One is known as apk (android application package) and other is OBB.
Everyone knows about the apk file therefore, we are sharing its small description. Apk file contains the only installation package and license information and data or OBB file contains another full part of the game like graphics and visual and all files. Every big game like Need for speed, Most Wanted, for android which has size about 1.5 GB contains OBB file. Which helps to install the full game on an android phone.
If you downloaded the game from google play store it will automatically install the OBB file in its normal folder. So the apk and OBB both files are very necessary for android device.
How To Install OBB File On Android Phone
Read these step-by-step tutorial to install apk file along with OBB file in android phones. This method will help you to install big android games in your android phones easily.
- Firstly, you have to download the apk and OBB file of the game which you want to install on your android phone.
- Extract the OBB file if downloaded ZIP file or RAR file and copy the folder in which OBB file is present. Remember you have to copy the whole folder not file only.
- After copying you have to paste the folder in your android phones internal storage in this path Internal storage /Android/Obb. If OBB folder in the given path does not exist then create it manually.
- After pasting the OBB folder on the given path, Install the apk file and wait for it to install.
- Open the game and enjoy it after installation and it will not ask you for downloading the data file.
- Some game might require an internet connection to run for the first time, So you need the internet to play that kind of game. You just have to focus that it is not asking to download the data file of size in GBs.
How to install OBB file in SD Card?
There are millions of variety on android operating system phones available. Some mobile phones support feature to change the default application installation directory and some phones do not have this feature. In the phone which supports feature to change app installation directory to external storage or sd card. You can install OBB files in that kind of phones. The process of installing OBB in external storage is same as explained in above steps. Just you need to change the path to paste the OBB file and paste it in this path external storage /Android/Obb. Many times it happens that OBB folder does not exist by default in android phone. So you have to create the folder manually and paste the files in that folder.