OK, so this technique will help you reduce a 1gb file to a 10mb .rar file. Not an exaggeration with this you can super compress large files using WinRAR. But do remember that this totally depends on the type of file.
Super Compress Large Files Using WinRAR:
- Open the WinRAR application.
- Go to Options >> Settings or just hold the Ctrl + S.
- In the settings window, go to the Compression tab and under compression profiles, click on the Create Default button.
- Now under the Set default compression options click on the compression method and select Best.
- Under the Archiving options, check Create solid archive and Lock archive.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on the compression option.
- Under the Text Compression option select Auto, set the Prediction order to 63 and Memory to use to 128MB.
- Click on OK and exit Winrar.
- Right click on the file you want to compress and select the Add to “filename.rar”.
- Wait for the compression to finish and once this is done you’ve finally got your highly compressed file.